Thursday, May 28, 2009

Pen Master Adam Lisbon!


In my last post I mentioned that my friend Adam Lisbon would be along with me for the STABILO demo this Saturday, May 30th at University Art in Palo Alto, CA.

Adam and I met last year and as soon as I found out he was an artist, I had him show me what his skills were all about and open up his portfolio. I was blown away by the intricate details and designs that play tricks on the eye - you can really get sucked into examining everything that is going on in each of his drawings (I have!). Check out his portfolio here;


Before we met, Adam had never used STABILO before, so of course I hooked him up right away with some samples. Now he's opened up his traditionally black and white style to STABILO colors, making aritst trading cards with Point 88, Pen 68, and Colorgel pens. You can see STABILO color highlighting his more recent regular works too!

His clear STABILO favorite are the Colorgel pens - gel rollerball pens that come in solid and metallic colors. What really trips me out is the geometric designs he makes with Colorgel - the metallic colors come off looking 3D, like the whole image has a texture to it, even though it's flat! One of my favorites is the one at the top of this post.


So come check Adam out this Saturday to learn for yourself how to create cool designs and effects with STABILO!


No comments:

Post a Comment